Sunday, August 30, 2009

Butterscotch Blondies! YUM!!!

I haven't posted anything in forever (it's been a crazy busy summer!!!) but I will definitely be able to post a bit more often now. Thanks for your patience. :)
I'm 21!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!! As I was perusing the liquor section of the local grocery store, I came across a bottle of Butterscotch Schnapps. It's a large bottle for only about 8 bucks. The drink is really yum and so sweet that just a little bit with milk and ice is fantastic. This drink inspired me to make Butterscotch Blondies. So, I pulled out my Good Housekeeping Brownies cookbook (Yes, a whole cookbook dedicated brownies. Heaven!) and looked at their recipe for this. I pretty much used this recipe and added the schnapps and butterscotch morsels. This has a delicious buttery taste. The morsels sink to the bottom and make the base a gooey sweetness. The schnapps add a great taste but I think it would be just as good without.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
6 T butter
1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 t vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13" b
y 9" baking pan.
2)In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat and stir brown sugar and vanilla into butter. Add eggs and stir until well mixed. Stir in Butterscotch Schnapps.
4) Stir in flour, pecans, and butterscotch morsels until just blended.
5) Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out almost clean. Blondie will firm as it cools.
6) ENJOY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment